When it comes to fashion, there's no season more exciting than fall. While the cooler weather and return to routine can be tough little pills to swallow, the promise of a new wardrobe makes it all totally bearable. Scoff. A new wardrobe you say? Um girl, I can't afford a whole new wardrobe you say? Keep reading. Updating your wardrobe for the new season is a lot less spendy than you might imagine. If you're armed with the basics (and if you've been reading this blog for awhile, you've got those covered), all you need to do is add a few key new-season updates into the mix.
This fall, I've fallen hard for 5 pretty updates that I plan on wearing starting, um, now:
1) THE STATEMENT CHOKER - If you've been wearing a minimalist basic choker all summer, it's time to give yourself an upgrade. Wider, layered, and more detailed than this past season's chokers, these beauties will make a serious statement with all of your fall looks. Price points run the gamut so you can save (or splurge) and still look on point.
2) THE HOODIE - Sporty crew neck sweatshirts have been a fashion girl fave for the past few years but anyone remember the humble hoodie? Recently relegated to camping trips and causing trouble (you'd never ever, I know), the hoodie is the new cool girl cozy layer of choice.
3) DECONSTRUCTED JEANS - Deconstructed jeans take distressing next level. When searching for that perfect fall pair, look for denim that's been pulled apart, then put back together, with patches and panels and slightly longer backs than fronts.
4) EDGY LOAFERS VS. BOWIE BOOTS - Shoes get me every time but this fall, I can already see that I'm going to have serious #shoeprobz. From attention-seeking metallics to fringed slides, once-preppy loafers are like a private school girl gone bad. If you want to get in touch with your inner rockstar, statement platform boots (aka Bowie Boots) are a total fall must - if 'must' means you totally don't need them but just have to have them. Isn't that always the goal?
5) BOHO DRESSES - This fall, designers sent floral boho dresses floating down the runways, making the case for keeping festival season going all year long. Maxi dresses look amazing with fall booties and topped with a little leather bomber. If you prefer to go short, pair it up with over-the knee boots or opaque black tights and ankle boots.
See my pretty picks below for your shopping inspiration. All together now - heatwave, heatwave go away! Kidding (kind of) ;)